Where Leaders are Made
A Warm Welcome from Burnham Speakers – Now Meeting Online
‘Would YOU like to…’
- speak confidently before any audience
- respond quickly to an unexpected question
- be an effective leader
- meet like-minded people and have fun!
Burnham Speakers Can Help You!
To find out more about joining Burnham Speakers
Currently, we are business as usual as our meetings are held online
To create a Toastmasters speaking club full of friendly, confident and self-expressed speakers.
You will be in a safe and supportive environment where you can practice effective business presentations, networking skills or an important special event speech. Toastmasters is a great place to find skills you didn’t know you had and to learn new ones from others who started where you are. You will not be alone – a mentor will be available to guide you should you wish one.
What is Toastmasters?
Toastmasters International is a non-profit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills. The organization’s membership exceeds 358,000 in more than 16,800 clubs in 143 countries. Since 1924, Toastmasters International has helped people from diverse backgrounds become more confident speakers, communicators, and leaders.
The Mission of Toastmasters International:
Toastmasters International is the leading movement devoted to making effective oral communication a worldwide reality. Through its member clubs, TMI helps men & women learn the arts of speaking, listening & thinking – vital skills that provide self-actualization, enhance leadership, foster human understanding, & contribute to the betterment of humanity. It is basic to this mission that TMI continually expand its network of clubs, thereby offering ever-greater numbers of people the opportunity to benefit from its programs.
Want To Know More?
If you are interested please get in touch. You are welcome to come along and attend a meeting as a guest. We’re looking forward to seeing you there!
A Toastmaster’s Promise
As a member of Toastmasters International and my club, I promise:
- To attend club meetings regularly
- To prepare all of my speech and leadership projects to the best of my ability, basing them on projects in the Competent Communication, Advanced Communication or Competent Leadership Manuals.
- To prepare for and fulfil meeting assignments
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations
- To help the club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn & grow
- To serve my club as an officer when called upon to do so
- To treat my fellow club members and our guests with respect and courtesy
- To bring guests to club meetings so they see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters educational and recognition programs
- To maintain honest and highly ethical standards during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities