Join our extraordinary club to improve your communication, leadership and public speaking skills. Even online we follow the same meeting format.
We welcome everyone and our club is open to anyone who wants to come as guest and see what the club is all about. There is NO obligation to speak or join the club. Just come along to any of our meetings and have fun.
Our meetings are an opportunity for our members to practice public speaking and communication skills in a safe environment and to receive friendly but essential feedback.
The Mission of Toastmasters International:
Toastmasters International is the leading movement devoted to making effective oral communication a worldwide reality. Through its member clubs, TMI helps men & women learn the arts of speaking, listening & thinking – vital skills that provide self-actualization, enhance leadership, foster human understanding, & contribute to the betterment of humanity. It is basic to this mission that TMI continually expand its network of clubs, thereby offering ever-greater numbers of people the opportunity to benefit from its programs.
To find out more about joining Burnham Speakers, please email [email protected]
New members are always welcome regardless of experience or speaking abilities – Toastmasters is open to anyone aged 18 years or over.
Subscription is £12 per month (by standing order), with a one-off joining fee of £60. As a member of Toastmasters International, you will receive a monthly magazine full of articles on public speaking and personal development. You’ll also be welcome at any of the other clubs in the UK and around the world.
A Toastmaster’s Promise
As a member of Toastmasters International and my club, I promise:
- To attend club meetings regularly
- To prepare all of my speech and leadership projects to the best of my ability, basing them on projects in the Competent Communication, Advanced Communication or Competent Leadership Manuals.
- To prepare for and fulfil meeting assignments
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations
- To help the club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn & grow
- To serve my club as an officer when called upon to do so
- To treat my fellow club members and our guests with respect and courtesy
- To bring guests to club meetings so they see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters educational and recognition programs
- To maintain honest and highly ethical standards during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities